Friday, May 6, 2011

Bloomin' Mother's Day Project....(and more!)


The “Bloomin’ Mother’s Day” program that Brenda held today was a wild success! She had to have two sessions there was so much interest. The youngsters decorated flower pots and then planted flowers in them for their Mothers. Everybody had a great time and they all went home with something nice for Mom.

Final reminder gentle readers: the South Carolina Book Festival is this weekend on May 14th and 15th. There are going to be lots of authors, book sellers, appraisers and panel discussions. New to this year’s program is a special children’s area on the second floor of the Convention Center. Both Saturday and Sunday there will be children’s story times, theatrical presentations and music. Truly this year’s event has something for everyone. It occurs to me that all the time I have been promoting this event I forgot a very important item; namely – it’s FREE!!! Yep, the whole weekend is free. (Free is good in my world!) Meanwhile you are in the heart of Columbia’s Vista District with all the great galleries, antique stores and restaurants. It’s a win-win weekend. So I hope to see you in Columbia. If you are at the Convention Center give me a shout out. (I will be live tweeting all weekend!)

No comments: